Free for girls 5-17, event features golf clinic, inspiring meet-and-greet with Hannah O’Sullivan, golf tournament, food, golf expo, and lots of fun!The USGA, LPGA Girls Golf of Phoenix announced today that it will host a day-long special event and tournament at Papago Golf Course to celebrate the City of Phoenix’s official proclamation of Saturday, September 3 as “Girls Golf Day.” Open to all girls ages 5-17 for free, the event will cater to Phoenix-area girls and families from 9:30 AM to sunset.
“Growing the game of golf is more than just getting the kids on the golf course,” said Cori Matheson, Director of Girls Golf Phoenix. “It’s about engaging them, empowering them and energizing them to make golf – and all the lessons it teaches – part of their core. This sets them up for success on, and off, the golf course.”
Schedule of Events:
Location: Papago Golf Course, 5595 E Moreland St. Phoenix, AZ 85008.
· 9:30 AM: Participant check-in begins
· 10 AM: “These Girls Rock!” golf clinic. Free for girls of all abilities ages 5-17, the event will be hosted by The First Tee of Phoenix and instructors from VISOIN54, which was founded by Pia Nelson and Lynn Marriot, Golf Digest’s number-one and number-two-ranked female instructors in America. Sign up with Tina Barrett email@example.com.
· 11:30 AM: Meet-and-greet with women celebrities (TBD) and standout local player Hannah O’Sullivan, who captured the 2015 Women’s Amateur Championships and is currently listed No. 3 on the Women’s WORLD AMATEUR GOLF RANKING™. Free and open to family and friends.
· 12 PM: Golf tournament open to all course-ready members of Girls Golf Phoenix. Deadline for entry is 8-29. Click here for online membership and tournament registration, or contact Cori Matheson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· All Day: Sponsors and partners of Girls Golf Phoenix will be on hand all day to enhance the experience with free giveaways, raffles, merchandise deals, games and fun. Participating organization include PING, Train your Aim, 2GG Apparel, Just4Golf, LPGA Founders Cup, Studio 8 EE, AWGA, Burgers Amore, Rainbow Donuts and more.
About Girls Golf of Phoenix
Supported by the LPGA and USGA, The Girls Golf of Phoenix’s mission is to “Empower, Engage, Enrich and Energize Girls” through year-round golf programming that builds confidence, while offering a fun, safe, and competitive athletic environment. Nationally recognized local golf professional, Sandy LeBauve, jumpstarted the Phoenix Chapter nearly 30 years ago, and with the leadership of current Director, Cori Matheson, the organization is thriving. Girls Golf of Phoenix is a 501(c)(3) subsidiary of The Junior Golf Association of Arizona, which is funded primarily through local Phoenix-based grants. For more information, visit http://www.girlsgolfofphoenix.org, or contact Cori Matheson email@example.com.