INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS
The AWGA Scholarship will be awarded annually in the amount of $1,000 to $2,000 (up to $10,000 total). These advanced education scholarships can be renewed by the recipients up to 3 times. Any applicants who receive the scholarship for the 2023 – 2024 academic year, will be required to re-apply to receive the funds in additional years.
- Candidate must be female, and must be, or have been, a member of any organized golf program during high school with priority given to participants in the AWGA Build ATeam Program.
- Financial need will be considered before awards are given.
- Candidate must be a graduating Arizona high school senior in the year they are applying or Arizona high school graduate that has completed less than two years of college by January 1 of the year in which they apply or has a GED diploma.
- Scholarships may be applied to expenses at 2 and 4 year colleges or universities and accredited trade schools to cover tuition, general fees room, board, books, lab fees.
- Recipients must retain a 2.5 (or higher) grade point average and must reapply for subsequent years of eligibility.
- The Scholarship MUST be renewed on an annual basis (up to 3 times).
- Students will be allowed to transfer payment to a different academic institution if required.
MANDATORY FILING REQUIREMENTS
Completed application due to the AWGA Scholarship Review Committee by February 28, 2023. All information contained in the Scholarship Application will be kept confidential.
- Answer all questions – indicate “N/A” if not applicable.
- Transcript may be submitted with the application or sent directly to the AWGA Scholarship Review Committee.
• High school transcript – Through Fall 2022.
• GED Diploma
- Letter(s) of recommendation (may use forms included with this packet)
• PGA or LPGA Golf Professional
• High School teacher, coach, or counselor
- Parental Financial Information
- 2023 – 2024 Resources/Aid
- 2023 – 2024 Cost of Attendance
- Essay describing “How has golf made a difference in your life?”
HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT INFORMATION
- High School Transcript – Through Fall 2022
• Cumulative high school grade point average
• Class rank (number or percentile)
• ACT and/or SAT scores